Respecting information privacy
Spectrum Homes take your privacy and our obligations seriously.
What personal information does Spectrum Homes collect and why?
We may collect and process personal information about you so that we can answer your enquiries, provide you with services or improve the services we offer you. These are the ways in which we collect your personal information:
- Information, such as your name and email address (including information that you provide by filling in forms on the website). This includes information provided at the time of joining the website, logging into our website, subscribing to our blog and news alerts, posting material, or requesting further services and information. We may also ask you for personal information if you report a problem with the website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of our correspondence.
- Although you do not need to respond to them, we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes and to improve our business.
- Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data and location data.
- If we do not collect this personal information from you, we may not be able to provide you with the services or the assistance you have requested.
How does Spectrum Homes use your personal information?
These are ways that we may use your personal information:
- To provide you with information on products or services that you request from us.
- To provide a better service to you, for example by automatically populating forms on the website by which you make enquiries of selected products.
- To ensure that content from the website is presented effectively for you and for your device.
- To provide you with information about products and services, updates on our business, promotions and offers, which we believe may be of interest to you. If we do use your personal information in these ways, we will always give you the opportunity to request that your information not be used for further direct marketing in the future.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the website at your discretion.
- To notify you about changes to our business and website.
- To remind you of your password and username.
Security of your personal information
In respecting your personal information, we aim to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to the website.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk.
We will strive to keep your personal information up-to-date and accurate. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you can contact us to have the information corrected.
You can also gain access to the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions provided for by law.
Does Spectrum Homes use ‘cookies’?
Yes. When you use Spectrum Home’s website(s) and/or App(s), Spectrum Homes or its IT service providers may obtain information using technologies such as cookies, tags, web beacons, and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, and clickstream data) to better understand your user experience. For example, Spectrum Homes or its IT service providers may collect information like the date, time and duration of visits and which webpages are accessed.
This information is generally not linked to your identity and Spectrum Homes may use knowledge of your user experience to better understand what products or services may be of interest to you.